TSPSC Group-1 Syllabus Paper-4 Economy and Development
Detailed Syllabus of TSPSC Group-1 : Paper IV Economy and Development
PAPER –IV – ECONOMY AND DEVELOPMENT
I. Indian Economy and Development.
- National Income -Concepts and Measurement of National Income- Nominal and Real Income; Structure and growth of Indian economy – Sectoral trends in National Income of India
- Poverty and Unemployment: Concepts of Poverty – Income-based Poverty , non-income Poverty capability approach (Human Poverty Index) , Measurement of Poverty and trends in Poverty; Concepts, estimates and trends of Unemployment
- Money and Banking: Money supply, Structure of Indian Banking and non-banking financial institutions; Reforms in Banking sector; Regulation of credit by RBI
- Public Finance: Tax structure, Central and state taxes; Government expenditure in revenue and capital account; Public debt: composition- internal and external debt; Monetary Policy, Fiscal Policy; Union Budget: Budget Analysis.
- Planning in Indian economy: Objectives, Priorities, Strategies, Achievements of Five Year Plans; 12th FYP – Inclusive growth ; NITI Aayog; Liberalization, Privatisation, Globalisation: Features and Implications.
II. Telangana Economy.
- Telangana economy in Hyderabad State (Agriculture, Industry and Trade); Telangana economy in United AP (1956-2014)- Deprivation and Under development; Structure and Growth of Telangana economy: Sectoral trends in GSDP ; Per capita income; Income inequalities and Poverty.
- Human resources: Demographic Structure and Transition , Demographic dividend , (sex ratio, fertility rate, mortality rates) ; Literacy and Occupation structure
- Land reforms: I generation (1947-1970) and II generation land reforms (1970 onwards)- Abolition of Intermediaries : Zamindari, Jagirdari and Inamdari -Tenancy Reforms : Land ceiling ; Land alienation in Scheduled areas ; Impact of land reforms.
- Agriculture and Allied sectors: Trends in share of crop and allied sectors in GSDP; Distribution of land holdings; Trends in Irrigation ; Problems of dry land Agriculture; Dependence on Agriculture; Cropping pattern Trends ; Trends in productivity; Agricultural Credit, Extension and Marketing; Cooperatives and Producer Companies
- Industry and Service sectors: Industrial development; Structure and growth of industrial sector, Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) sector , Revival of sick industries; Industrial infrastructure- Power; Industrial Policy of Telangana; Structure and growth of service sector; employment trends in Industry and Service sectors; Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Policy of Telangana.
III. Development and Environmental Problems.
- Environment vs Development: Definition of Environment , Environmentalism; Environmental Protection Policy, Environmental Policy Instruments.
- Natural resources: Forest resources- Commercialization of forests – Forest Acts vs Forest dwellers/users; Water: surface water and groundwater, competing demand for water – drinking, industrial and agriculture; Land resources: competing uses of land- food, feed, fuel, and fibre; Mining and Environment; Sustainability of natural resources.
- Eco systems and Bio-diversity: Ecology and Eco-system; Food chains in Eco systems, Typology of eco system; Bio diversity and its conservation, Types of Bio diversity, threat to Bio diversity.
- Environment pollution and solid waste management, types of solid waste, factors affecting solid waste generation, impact of solid waste, recycling and reuse.
- Global Environment Issues: Climate Change, Global Warming and its impact, Sustainable Development.