Telangana Current Affairs 14th November 2015
1. Diversity is our pride, strength said Modi while addressing the Indian diaspora at U.K. here and Mr.Modi met the British PM David Cameron and also Queen Elizabeth II. There was outcome that the their Royal Highness The duke and the Duchess of Cambridge (William and Kate) will visit India in the spring of 2016. Among the major deals announced was the Vodafone’s 1.3 billion pound investment in India,as well as 10,000 crore rupee plan for the British National Health Service to provide services to 11 Indian hospitals.
2. The in-charge Director General of Police Anurag Sharma has been retained in the post on a permanent basis. Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao on Friday approved his appointment in the wake of the Union Public Service Commission short listing three names and referring them to the state government to take the final call.
3. This year, the theme of Children’s Film Festival is ‘Digital India.’ As curtains rise for 19th edition of biennial International Children’s Film Festival – popularly known as ‘The Golden Elephant’ -n November 14, excitement peaks with expectations,considering that a record of 1,204 entries were received from about 80 nations across the globe. The films are sourced by the CFSI ,Children’s Film Society of India ,established in 1955 and its present chairman is Mukesh Khanna and for the first time films will be simultaneously be screened at theatres in nine other districts of Telangana.
4. Christmas declared State Festival of Telangana. The Telangana government has decided to celebrate christmas distributing clothes to 2 lakh poor Christians and organising Christmas lunch in all churches after prayers on December 20. The decision to give official status to Christmas celebrations flows from similar treatment to Bathukamma,Bonalu and Ramzan Festivals.
5. Land allotted for Pharma city in Mucherla -Ranga Reddy district,Telangana. Pharma city will be developed on 12,000 acres on the corridor spread in Ranga Reddy and Mahbubnagar districts. Centre will be urged to include the project under NIMZ (National Investment and Manufacturing Zone) scheme so that investors can get certain incentives. first Phase of the project will come up on 5,000 to 6,000 acres. A 132-KV electrical sub station is laready coming up in the area and water will be drawn from Krishna River.
6. Superfine rice for all colleges from next year, The hostels in all government junior and degree colleges and universities in Telangana will serve food cooked with superfine rice to the students from next academic year.
7. Best Urdu Teacher Award 2014-15: Assistant Professor of Urdu in Telangana University, Muhammed Mossa Qureshi , was given the best Urdu teacher award 2014-15 by the Telangana State Urdu Academy .